The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Coordinator for SLV/USAID is responsible of planning and
implementing monitoring and evaluation activities to capture valid, reliable, and timely data on the project
outputs and results in accordance with USAID requirements and in line with the project-level monitoring
and evaluation plans. She or he will be accountable for developing appropriate monitoring reports on
project indicators and will assist in supporting the project management and stakeholders to learn from and
make decisions based on MEL data. The MEL Coordinator will ensure that lessons learned are integrated
into program implementation to continuously improve quality of interventions and outcomes. This position
will assist in documenting and disseminating program achievements and successes stories.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (90%)
Responsible in establishing performance measures, collecting, and analyzing performance information,
planning, and managing evaluations and assisting the SLV Activity management in using the performance
information for decision-making and resource allocation.
• Coordinate the implementation and follow-up of the evaluation, monitoring and learning tools,
systems, and activities.
• Provide guidance and assistance to the SLV team to identify and implement solutions to any
barriers to successful implementation against established goals and indicators according to the
work plan and review key technical products to ensure that they meet the objectives of the work
plan and project’s scope of work.
• Designing and planning special studies and assessments.
• Update Environmental Management Plan forms for each of the field projects for submission and
approval by USAID.
• Assist in the Quarterly Reporting process, including the narrative report, Performance Management
Plan (PMP), and annexes. This includes very close accounting of project results, backed up by
evidence organized in a database.
• Assist in the Annual Reporting process, including the narrative report, Performance Management
Plan (PMP), and annexes and in coordination with the Administration and Finance Officer will
maintain an organized archive of all final products produced by the SLV Program.
• Lead with the Activity Lead the learning activities including the Annual collaborating, learning, and
adapting (CLA) management meetings and partners meetings (USAID and SLV) & pause-andreflect sessions.
• Coordinate the creation, management and performance of the knowledge societies and social
• Coordinate and management the geographical information system.
• Assist the Activity’s staff to select data collection methods for adequate monitoring and evaluation
of implementing partners' performance (e.g., CBEs and BFE) and of the program (these methods
may include field visits, quarterly reports, specialized surveys, and other sources of information).
Assist the Activity’s staff in reviewing these methods and making improvements to their monitoring
• Coordinate the regular review of progress towards achieving the learning and evaluation goals.
• Train the staff and CBE’s personnel in evaluation, monitoring and learning activities.
• Seek ways to streamline the process and increase efficiency in gathering and using performance
• Coordinate the process for updating policy and procedure documents in the areas of evaluation,
monitoring, and learning to align with the most current USAID and CI requirements. Seek ways to
increase transparency of SLV Activity's system of reviewing results and use of performance
• Work as a Point of Contact for Evaluation for the USAID and provide guidance to technical teams
on issues related to monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
• Manage evaluation consultancies.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Coordinator will be under the supervision of the CIMX Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and SLV Activity Lead.
Other Duties as Assigned by Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and the SLV Activity Lead (10%)
• Bachelor’s degree field in social science, economics, engineering, or relevant discipline.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience progressively responsible professional experience in a
performance monitoring and/or evaluation role.
• Basic knowledge of geographical information systems.
• Intermediate knowledge of Access and Microsoft office software.
• Demonstrated ability in data analysis, project design, monitoring, generating reports and
evaluation of development activities. Experience developing results frameworks, logical
frameworks, or similar tools for project design is required. Experience developing and/or using
performance management plans or similar tools is required. Demonstrated knowledge of and
experience in monitoring and evaluating programs—including indicator development, study
design, and data analysis. Experience using knowledge management software or database is
highly desired. Experience coordinating Annual Work Plans is also highly desired.
• Level IV English.