wintel engineers for a permanent project in dallas, tx, usa.
hace más de 60 días
Location: Dallas, TX
Start Date: ASAP
Number of openings: 7
Length: Permanent, Direct Hire
• The Windows Migration Engineer is a senior information technology professional within the Datacenter Transformation Center of Excellence COE who analyzes existing x86/x64 architectures and workloads and designs new or complementary solutions for transformed environments, implements solutions, and troubleshoots any residual issues after transformation.
• The Windows Migration Engineer will concentrate on high-level server related duties such as system architecture, network design and dependencies, selection of physical replacement devices and assessment of virtualization feasibility, lead troubleshooting activities for outages and/or performance issues during transformation projects.
• Work with customers on data center transformation activities to confirm and document accordingly Windows Systems and workloads, develop Functional Specifications.
• Migrate server workloads using industry standard tools such as VMconverter, PlateSpin or DoubleTake
• Independently manage all aspects related to Workload Integration projects.
• Serve as liaison between the customer, Transition Team and the Datacenter Tower to communicate difficult concepts and processes. Work with vendors and contractors to define detailed technical requirements
• Participate in Application owner and Business User interviews to identify system functions and architectural and network related dependencies
• Execute Discovery activities to fully identify and document the existing Windows server inventory
• Work with the Datacenter Server Tower to develop and implement the appropriate solution for successful transformation
• Consult on complex business issues and design considerations
• Responsible for the identification and documentation of system requirements to enable the Technical Team to deliver the appropriate solution for successful transformation
• Participate in the development and execution of the user acceptance test plans, as well as schedule testing
• Create new documentation and processes as needed to help refine, optimize, and/or to establish network functions and processes
• Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology Discipline and 6 or more years’ professional experience
• 8+ years of Senior Windows Administration
• Proven Experience migrating legacy Windows servers to modern virtual environments using products like VMconverter, DoubleTake or PlateSpin
• In depth understanding of distributed networks
• Significant experience in the administration of SSL certs,.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Windows Management
- WMI - Window Manager Improved
- Windows 2003 / 2008 R2 Server Management
- Active Directory - Group Policy / GPO - Group Policy Objects / User & Group Creation
- LDAP - Lightweight Directory Access Protocol
- DNS - Domain Name System
- DHCP - Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
- IIS - Internet Information Services
- Exchange Server Management
- PowerShell Scripting
- Recipient Management
- Distribution List Management
- Manage Systems Backup / Restoration Tasks
- Understanding of Web Services / SOA
- Security Protocols / Management
If you fulfill this requirement and are interested in this position, please send your English resume along with your availability to start in this project.